- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 c white sugar
- 1 c canola oil
- 15oz pumpkin purée (canned)
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Grease a 10X15 jelly roll pan and pour batter into pan. (These can also be baked in a square baking dish. You’ll just get a bigger, more cake like bar).
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
You can frost with cream cheese, buttercream, or any other frosting that sounds appealing to you.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3oz package of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c confectioners sugar
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar a little at a time.
- Beat until icing is smooth.
Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 c softened unsalted butter
- 3-4 c confectioners sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- up to 4 tbs milk or heavy cream
- Beat butter for a few minutes with electric mixer on medium.
- Add 3 c of the confectioners sugar a little at a time while mixing on low.
- Turn electric mixer back to medium and the vanilla and milk/cream. Mix for three minutes.
- If frosting is not stiff enough, add more sugar. If frosting is too stiff, add more milk 1 tbs at a time.
These are also delicious topped with walnuts or a drizzle of chocolate!