Rice Krispies Treats Eggs
- 4tbsp butter
- 4c marshmallows
- 5c Rice Krispies cereal
- 1-2c Wilton Candy Melts
- sprinkles for decoration
- Plastic easter eggs to shape treats (the eggs that break apart)
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a medium sauce pan over med/low heat. Stir continually until fully melted. If you want colorful eggs, you can use colored marshmallows or food coloring.
- Once the marshmallow mixture is fully melted, stir in Rice Krispies.
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or wax paper, tin foil, etc etc).
- Once the treats are cool enough to touch, break apart a plastic easter egg. Stuff treats into both sides of the plastic eggs, smoosh together, and then pull the egg off the treats.
- If your treat isn’t perfectly egg shaped, it’s okay! Just add some more treats and smoosh it into shape with your hands.
- Once you have all your treats turned into egg shapes, melt your candy melts according to package instructions.
- Dip half of the egg into the melted chocolate and add some sprinkles.
Tip: save an empty egg carton. They’re perfect to sit the eggs in while the candy melts dry. They also make transporting these treats easy.