This is a versatile muffin recipe where you can swap out the fruit for other add-ins like blueberries or chocolate chips. As is, the muffins are not super sweet. If you want a sweeter muffin you’ll need to use about 3/4-1c sugar or honey instead of 1/2c. Topped with fresh fruit, they are perfectly sweet enough as is for my family.
- 2c all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2c honey or sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1c almond milk (can use regular milk)
- 1/4c vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2c chopped strawberries
- 1/2c chopped peaches
- If using honey, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. If using sugar, preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, (and sugar if using instead of honey). Leave a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine honey, beaten egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently until moistened. There will be lumps.
- Stir in strawberries and peaches until just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled to a warm temperature, serve topped with fresh fruit.
Recipe makes 12 muffins.