Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 3/4c All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 c Butter Flavored Crisco, room temperature
- 1 c Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 c Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 c Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl beat shortening and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time. Scrape down bowl and beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture 1/3 at a time, beat on medium until a smooth dough forms.
- Place dough on parchment or wax paper and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Once dough is ready to roll and bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place rack in center of oven.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon for coating in a shallow bowl wide enough to roll dough balls in.
- Take spoonfuls of dough and roll into 1″ balls (you can make them a little smaller or a little larger to suit your tastes).
- Roll dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place 2″ apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten dough balls slightly with two fingers.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden brown.