Last week we created our own reversible cup cozy. This week, we’ll learn how to embellish that same cup cozy to make even more personalized. The embellishment will be done with removable discs so that you can change the look of your cozy to suite your mood.
To embellish your cozy you will need:
- Fabric. You can use a fabric that coordinates with the fabric we used for the cozy body or the same fabric.
- Sewable, fusible stabilizer. I use Heat N Bond Lite sewable.
- Sewing Machine
- Snaps – I use KAM snaps
- The illustrated and detailed Personalized Cup Cozy PDF: Personalized Cup Cozy.
I’m an organized person. I like for things to be tidy and have their place. With two kids, and an addictive passion for sewing, I have a lot of small items in my home. Things we use A LOT. I like to find ways to organize all our ‘stuff’ that is still easy for us to access. These handy little hanging organizers work nicely for that.
The organizers are very inexpensive to make (you can make one for less than $1) and super quick to sew up (twenty minutes or less). You can easily customize the fabric print to suit any style and you can change the type of fabric to make them more or less sturdy depending on your needs.
- Two pieces of fabric in your preferred sizes. The organizers featured in this tutorial are made with two sheets of felt. The organizer body piece is approximately 9X12 and the divider piece is approximately 4.5X12. You can use whatever sizes suit your needs. It’s important to select a fabric strong enough to support your needs. For lightweight items, I like to use felt because it’s inexpensive and it doesn’t fray even when cut. If you’re using cotton or another fabric that frays, you will need to bind the edges or you will get fraying.
- Sewing Machine
- Fabric pen or chalk to mark button holes
- Ruler (optional)
- The fully detailed and illustrated (FREE!) Hanging Fabric Organizer PDF available by clicking here: Hanging Fabric Organizer Tutorial
- Sewing supply caddy
- Crochet hooks
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Small toys
- Kid’s art supplies
- Hair bows and brushes
- Fork and spoon organizer
- Message center
**This tutorial is provided free of charge, you may do what you wish with the finished project. We ask that you DO NOT try and sell the tutorial.