For the garland created in this tutorial, we will be using felt and/or vinyl sheets and ribbon. You could also create the garland with card stock and twine if you’re not a sewer.
- Felt, stiffened felt, and/or glitter vinyl sheets. I like to use the 9X12 sheets you can buy at craft stores. I’ve used four sheets for the garland featured. One piece of stiffened felt, two pieces of regular eco-fi felt, and one piece of glitter vinyl.
- Fusible/sewable stabilizer if you’re using regular felt instead of stiffened
- Spool of ribbon
- Sewing machine
- *Optional – Cricut or other paper cutting machine to cut out hearts. You certainly don’t have to use a Cricut, you can easily cut the hearts out by hand.
- If cutting by hand you can use one of the heart templates provided in the tutorial.
- The detailed and illustrated tutorial provided here: Valentine’s Heart Garland.